07/10/07

Agnieszka Kuciak, IN THE HOUSE OF THE SOUL

W domu duszi

In my fantasies I’m alive and well, going about the world,
but in actual fact I’m lying in the house of the soul.
It’s people that keep appearing to me here
and not angels. Talking in human language they say
the words: “Good day, how are things?”
And I say: “Fine, thank you, I’m seeing things.”
Every day I take a look, not in brilliance, in the light
of day or dusk, at shapes and colours;
at all the sacred shades in between
God and Satan, but not at either of them.
I touch her face as gently
as if Cain could not have murdered Abel,
blissful without his ecstasies.
I have such banal delusions
(the smell of grass and the twitter of swallows)
that the doctor gets bored listening to me.
Suddenly he opens the chasm of his mouth,
and tells me that these symptoms
will vanish soon, and then I’ll have nothing.
“You’ll have Nothing”, he assures me.


[Translated by Antonia Lloyd-Jones]



Anche in questo testo, come in altri della poetessa di Poznan, il fantastico e l'interiore si presentano come un dialogo quotidiano, straniante perché incongruo, dato cioè come se quanto accade fosse concreto e reale. È così che viene qui restituita la visionarietà, il potere di vedere cose (anche di avere allucinazioni), la potenzialità oracolare della scrittura in versi.

Nel Sè junghiano, se tale, almeno in uno dei suoi significati, è una possibile interpretazione simbolica dell'immagine delineata, convivono Dio e Satana (gli opposti, i contrasti, il bene e il male); del resto se (o quando) le scene illusorie dell'inconscio svaniranno, non resterà Nulla... (così pare di poter leggere dietro il gioco di parole "Non avrai nulla").

Strano proprio come il Nulla è in fondo ciò a cui tende ogni parola, ogni attimo di vita. Da viversi nondimeno.


Una poesia di Agnieszka Kuciak era già uscita su "Carte allineate" in data 19-9-2007.


[Roberto Bertoni]